Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 8, Week 2

After a fun and relaxing weekend, we were all ready to go back to work bright and early Monday morning. We received a welcome surprise at the beginning of the day in the form of a volunteer named Kim who will be digging with us for the rest of the week. Kim and I (because I finished my original unit on Friday) were assigned new units. We had to mark off a few new units, which involves a lot of precise measurements, pin flags, right angles and string. Dr. Dumas hopes to find the continuation of the feature found in my previous unit, as well as Alex and possibly Jordan's units, in the new unit she assigned me. While I'm excited to get to find more of this feature (which is possibly a wall of this oven area/bakery), I'm not overly excited about the two trees surrounding my unit and the intricate root systems running between them that I'm going to have to slowly and painstakingly remove.


But back to a more positive note, we all had a lot of fun today working together, trying to make Kim feel welcome (which I believed to be a successful endeavor), and playing our usual icebreaker games. The discussion ranged from, "Of all the animals in the world (real or fiction), which would you choose to be?" and "If your life was made into a movie, what actor/actress would you want to play you?"

-Andrea Zrake

No comments:

Post a Comment