Monday, May 21, 2012

First Blog: Sunday, May 20, 2012


Today’s first meeting with my instructors and classmates was very interesting. Everyone was very nice even though no one knew what to talk about. Dr. Dumas went over what we would be doing over the next few weeks, which was helpful considering I did not know what to expect. I was a little intimidated, seeing that everyone else seems to have past experience with archeology field work. 
Being from Sumter County, I know that the ticks and red-bugs are bad, especially when the winters are fairly warm. This does not mean that I am thrilled about the insects and plan on applying and reapplying insect repellant. I also plan on drinking plenty of water. 
After Dr. Dumas went over the syllabus with us and discussed our plans for the next few weeks, we went downstairs to eat a very delicious meal of spaghetti and salad, followed by brownies for dessert. Over dinner, we learned more about one another and Dr. Hall discussed various topics. 
This blog is slightly short, but not too much happened in between five and seven o’clock besides the orientation and dinner. Overall, though, I am very excited about the next four weeks and furthering my education in archaeology. - Nadine Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment